For pre-school kids:
● trouble with learning colours, numbers, the alphabet, the days of the week and shapes;
● problems pronouncing words;
● an inability to make up simply rhymes;
● difficulties in handling pencils, scissors and crayons and colouring-in shapes within the
● poor concentration;
● difficulties in following directions; and
● difficulties with doing up zips, tying shoe laces and fastening buttons.
For primary school kids:
● frequently making reading and spelling errors;
● confusing basic words when reading;
● difficulties in learning new skills; and
● difficulties with basic maths concepts.
For middle and high school kids:
● a dislike of reading and writing;
● poor handwriting;
● messy and disorganised bedrooms, desks and homework;
● difficulties in comprehending passages of text and exam questions;
● difficulties expressing thoughts aloud;
● finding it challenging to follow a conversation involving several people; and
● misspelling the same word in different ways in the same document.